- Aics Addis Ababa – Webinar “Ethiopia: Results and Perspectives towards the 2030 Agenda Realization”
- Aics Khartoum – Webinar “Sudan Floods – the Italian contribution to Disaster Risk Reduction” at ASviS Sustainable Development Festival
- Agreement signed between the Italian Government and the World Health Organization in Jordan
The Agency regularly issues a number of calls for proposals targeting CSOs and other no-profit organisations of the civil society, but also companies of the private sector, who are encouraged to participate in development cooperation initiatives, in compliance with the principles of transparency, competition and social responsibility.
Full details about the initiatives in progress in 2018 are available in the Italian website.
civil society organizations
Civil Society Organizations are crucial players in the challenge of sustainable development, worldwide.
As of 2019 there are 227 Italian CSOs registered with the Agency.
Registered CSOs may apply to calls for proposals issued by the Agency headquarters or by its field offices operating in 20 countries.
• Journal of Agriculture and Environment for International Development
AICS' peer reviewed scientific journal
• Toward sustainable migration
• Mozambique - Supporting the socio-economic empowerment of Mozambican women - Reflections and recommendations from the PESED program
Interview with VM Emanuela Del Re
• “The solution? The solution is cooperation. Especially in Africa. Our goal is called shared development: something that benefits everyone.” These are the words of Emanuela Del Re, Italy’s Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs with responsibility for International Cooperation. Her reflections clearly reveal her first-hand experience, made up not only of academic studies and teaching, but also of personal involvement in the field