Partnership for Knowledge - PfK - is a higher education initiative of the Italian Cooperation aimed at providing life-changing opportunities to researchers, public administration officers, social entrepreneurs and young leaders who are committed to develop their professional and academic skills, strengthen their capacities, widen their networks, make a difference in their home contexts and, last but not least, experience the Italian culture.
The programme, funded in years 2019-2022 by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation in partnership with several Italian universities, offers a number of Master of Science scholarships and PhD fellowships in the following thematic domains, grouped in four academic platforms:
• Rural development and Spatial management
• Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - W.A.S.H.
• Sustainable energy, Environment and Industrial innovation
• Cultural heritage and Sustainable tourism
English is the teaching language of all academic programs.
PfK is primarily addressed to public administration officers, researchers and young leaders. Candidates should
• be citizens of an eligible partner country;
• hold a bachelor’s degree in order to apply for a MSc program;
• hold a MSc degree in order to apply for a PhD program;
• have a 2-year working experience in the field of the selected course (recommended);
• meet the language requirement.
Scholarships cover international travel expenses (1 return ticket from/to home country), health insurance, university fees and VISA related costs. MSc students and PhD fellows will also receive a monthly allowance for living expenses. Scholarships will cover a time span of 24 months for MSc programs and of 36 months for PhD programs.The call for PfK PhD fellowship program is expected to open in the next months.
Thank you for the interest shown in the PfK MSc program, we are sorry to inform you that the call is now closed. Please check this page for updates on the selection process.
An independent scientific board will assess the applications according to pre-defined criteria such as CV relevance, university career, professional experience and gender equality, among others. Selected candidates will be individually contacted for the formal acceptance of the scholarship. At this stage fellows should complete their enrollment to the university by validating the documents submitted through the university website at the local Italian Embassy.
The call for the PfK PhD is now open
Applications are now open and must be submitted no later than 20 May 2019 at 2.00 p.m.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Candidates should follow 2 steps:
Step 1 - Explore the academic offer, choose the most suitable PhD program and submit the applications to PFK.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Passport scan
- University transcript
- Language certificate (English level B2)
- Research project
- Employer’s authorization to attend the PhD
- Two reference letters (optional)
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Candidates can apply exclusively to one PhD program.
- Step 2 - Inform the Agency of your application by filling the AICS notification form in the selected platform page. Applications submitted to PFK.email@example.com, which are not matched by the AICS notification form, will not be considered.