The Agency is the operative platform of the Italian cooperation system, and it is called to perform activities associated with the elaboration, development, financing, management and control of international cooperation initiatives. The Agency seeks to participate in the global debate on development issues, and to act as a major player in the pursuit of the SDGs. Welcome!
• Three-year Programming and Policy Planning Document 2017-2019
• AICS Annual Report 2017
• Law no. 125 of 11 August 2014 - General Law on International Development Cooperation
• Journal of Agriculture and Environment for International Development - AICS' peer reviewed scientific journal
• Toward sustainable migration
• Mozambique - Supporting the socio-economic empowerment of Mozambican women - Reflections and recommendations from the PESED program
• Palestine - Emancipatory Disability Research
civil society organizations
Civil Society Organizations are crucial players in the challenge of sustainable development, worldwide.
As of 2018 there are 224 Italian CSOs registered with the Agency.
calls for proposals
The Agency regularly issues a number of calls for proposals targeting CSOs and other no-profit organisations of the civil society, but also companies of the private sector, who are encouraged to participate in development cooperation initiatives, in compliance with the principles of transparency, competition and social responsibility.
Full details about the initiatives in progress in 2018 are available in the Italian website.
Interview with VM Emanuela Del Re
• “The solution? The solution is cooperation. Especially in Africa. Our goal is called shared development: something that benefits everyone.” These are the words of Emanuela Del Re, Italy’s Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs with responsibility for International Cooperation. Her reflections clearly reveal her first-hand experience, made up not only of academic studies and teaching, but also of personal involvement in the field and in areas of conflict.