The Agency is the operative platform of the Italian cooperation system, and it is called to perform activities associated with the elaboration, development, financing, management and control of international cooperation initiatives. The Agency seeks to participate in the global debate on development issues, and to act as a major player in the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals. Welcome!
- Journal of Agriculture and Environment for International Development: no. 1/2017 of AICS’ peer reviewed journal is online
- Eurobarometer on development cooperation, the last round of interviews across the EU confirms commitment
- Jerusalem, new AICS publication: “Emancipatory Disability Research”
- Florence – MSc in Natural Resources Management, thoughts from a Kenyan graduate
- “Unbreakable” – New WB report on resilience in the face of natural disasters
• 3-year Programming and Policy planning Document 2016 - 2018
• Journal of Agriculture and Environment for International Development - AICS' peer reviewed scientific journal
• Toward sustainable migration
• Mozambique - Supporting the socio-economic empowerment of Mozambican women - Reflections and recommendations from the PESED program
• Palestine - Emancipatory Disability Research
civil society organizations
Civil Society Organizations are crucial players in the challenge of sustainable development, worldwide. As of 2018 there are 217 Italian CSOs registered with the Agency.
calls for proposals
The Agency issues regularly a number of calls for proposals targeting Ngos and other no-profit organisations of the civil society, but also companies of the private sector, who are encouraged to participate in development cooperation initiatives, in compliance with the principles of transparency, competition and social responsibility.
Full details on the initiatives in progress in 2018 are available in the Italian website.