The Agency is seeking to give fresh energy to the international debate on development issues, to operate as the platform of the Italian cooperation system, and to make it stronger, so as to act as a major player in the global endeavor against poverty, the promotion of peace, human rights and sustainable development. This website, always evolving, is our window to the world. Welcome!
- Eurobarometer on development cooperation, the last round of interviews across the EU confirms commitment
- Jerusalem, new AICS publication: “Emancipatory Disability Research”
- Florence – MSc in Natural Resources Management, thoughts from a Kenyan graduate
- “Unbreakable” – New WB report on resilience in the face of natural disasters
- NCDs conference, slides and materials are on-line
• Enrico Materia, Head of Human Development
Over the last 25 years, the global increase in life expectancy – due to improvements in nutrition and hygiene, to vaccination programmes and to improved control of infectious diseases – has been accompanied by a rise in the number of people suffering from chronic non-infectious diseases, obesity and substance abuse. The health effects of globalisation and demographic and social transitions have been recently highlighted by a new study involving 195 nations – “Global Burden of Diseases 2000-2015” – published by The Lancet magazine in November 2016.
Civil Society Organizations
Civil Society Organizations are crucial players in the challenge of development. As of May 2017 there are 209 Italian CSOs registered with the Agency.
CSOs may apply to calls for proposals issued by the Agency headquarters or by the field offices operating in 20 countries.