The Agency is seeking to give fresh energy to the international debate on development issues, to operate as the platform of the Italian cooperation system, and to make it stronger, so as to act as a major player in the global endeavor against poverty, the promotion of peace, human rights and sustainable development. This website, always evolving, is our window to the world. Welcome!
- Journal of Agriculture and Environment for International Development: no. 1/2017 of AICS’ peer reviewed journal is online
- Eurobarometer on development cooperation, the last round of interviews across the EU confirms commitment
- Jerusalem, new AICS publication: “Emancipatory Disability Research”
- Florence – MSc in Natural Resources Management, thoughts from a Kenyan graduate
- “Unbreakable” – New WB report on resilience in the face of natural disasters
calls for proposals 2017
A busy Summer at AICS! The Agency has recently published four major calls for proposals of development projects to be carried out in Partner countries worldwide. The first one is addressed to the Civil Society Organizations who are listed in the Agency's registry; the second one is a brand new instrument aimed at Local Administrations; the third one is focused on Global Education initiatives; and the fourth one is a first-time opportunity for businesses and commercial entities who are interested in playing their role in development cooperation, according to specific criteria.
Full details and information are available in the Italian website.
Civil Society Organizations
Civil Society Organizations are crucial players in the challenge of development. As of July 2017 there are 212 Italian CSOs registered with the Agency.